sophiefrancisco@live.com

facebook

Wednesday 27 January 2010

The beginning

I remember when I was a young child, with a camera at my disposal I would empty the film of it's usage with meaningless images of my surroundings, as opposed to the typical family portrait style snapshot. I don't know how my mum felt about paying for such films to be developed, but there you go.

Although I was always quite intrigued with photography, it wasn't until college that I was given the opportunity to study it. I had never particularly experimented with the medium before, but I jumped at the chance when choosing my options. I instantly fell in love with it.

For my first photography project, I was completely inspired by Alexey Titarenko's work.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love the use of long exposures within his photography; the way that he uses the technique to create images that toy with the line between reality and distortion. As soon as I started experimenting with the technique myself (below), I loved it even more. To see the contrast between the reality of the process and the outcome of the photograph is so exciting.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Anyway, I had no idea how to start this blog, so thought I'd start at the beginning; chronological seems the way to go. If anyone's read this, thanks for taking the time.

Oh, and I absolutely did not write this on January 27th, but July 23rd. I attempted to start this blog some time ago, but I (evidently) didn't get round to it. I'm really going to make an effort to keep this up.