sophiefrancisco@live.com

facebook

Sunday 22 August 2010

Identity

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the same morning of the sunrise, I decided to get a bit creative. I kind of feel that these photographs (except for the first) represent my identity. Identity is not only the colour of your eyes or your blood type; there's so much more.

My charm necklace is something that I simply never take off. My mum gave it to me as a good luck charm. She'd been collecting the charms from when she was my age, and when she gave it to me she added an 's' to make it personal. Since then I've added a Rose Quartz gemstone and two lovely charms that my best friend gave me. So so special.

I feel that the bracelet on my wrist is as much a part of me as anything else. My nana gave it to me for my eighteenth birthday and I haven't taken it off since. It was passed down from her mother; who knows how old it is.

The photograph of my shoulder shows something far more recent, and I suppose that it's a bit of a 'spot the tattoo' game. I have a very subtle pink outline of blossom on my shoulder. This is special to me as pink blossom is said to represent the end of depression; something that I am proud to have overcome. I plan to get the tattoo filled in next month, but I do like its subtlety and I will try to keep it by making the tattoo as pale and slight as possible.