sophiefrancisco@live.com

facebook

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Bio


College Fashionista has finally launched its UK website, collegefashionista.co.uk - here's my updated bio for it.

In the words of Mary Quant, fashion “is part of being alive today”. CollegeFashionista’s are very much the definition of this by trend setting on a day-to-day basis, and isn’t that what fashion is all about?

As a Style Guru, I love to capture the most unique looks. Myself, I am obsessed with the sixties. Sixties minidresses are my absolute weakness – an eternal thank you to Miss Quant for introducing them - and I simply can’t help myself from spending hours scrolling through page after page on eBay, or rail after rail in a second hand shop, discovering those true vintage gems.

Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick are without doubt two of my fashion icons, for their sixties charm, miniature mini dresses and bold, colourful prints. Whilst Audrey Hepburn remains my idol for her elegance, femininity and charm.

Studying at Goldsmiths is like being part of a time warp; student’s styles range from current through to prior decades. It’s so exciting to have the opportunity to capture these and to give the Fashionista’s the true credit that they deserve, rather than a mere passing thought of admiration.

I continue to love my internship at CollegeFashionista, and will aim to bring you the most unique and individual looks from the fashion capital.